Super fantastic portrait by Aurora Armijo.
So to answer some questions that have been popping up about this new pilot “Apocalipstick”:
1. Does this pilot have anything to do with your blog?: No.
2. Why didn’t you copyright Apocalypstick?: Because you can’t copyright titles/names.
3. But you trademarked it, right? Doesn’t that protect you?: I did trademark it but no, it does not protect it. It’s like when the Red Hot Chili Peppers wanted to sue the makers of the TV show “Californication” for using a title that was also a title of their song.
4. But isn’t this going to effect the pilot you’ve been working on?: No, it’s nothing like my blog and I didn’t title it Apocalypstick or Apocalipstick.
5. Do you hate Julie Klausner now?: No, I think she’s very talented and funny and maybe we can laugh about this over a bottle of wine and some smooth Billy Joel.
6. I am a rich person with TV connections, can I produce your pilot and get it on the air?: Why yes,thank you for asking.
I tweeted Julie Klausner about this and she tweeted back, “Take it up with Sue Margolis, Iit was based on [her] book.” I had no idea this book existed. I tweeted back, “That was really cool of you to respond, thanks! I wish you luck and I Don’t Care About Your Pilot. (see what I did there?) xo” and she tweeted, “haha, thanks lady! xx.” So I have no beefs with her and I love my Apocalypsticks but please don’t worry about defending me and don’t tweet her mean things, though I really appreciate it.
Now, am I going to take it up with this author? No. It won’t get anywhere. After doing a google search I discovered that there is also a band named Apocalypstick. They probably think that I’m screwing them over. So I understand. I believe that there is room for all of us. Remember Conan: “If you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” And that’s my attitude about all of this.
To sum up, if you support me please “share” this and just keep reading my blog and commenting and tweeting and being the great people you are. And you can also buy an original, one of a kind, Apocalypstick t-shirt. They’re not mass produced, they’re painstakingly hand drawn by Australian artist Kenize Larsen. If you buy more than one I’ll give you a discount and if you buy my pilot I will give you all the t-shirts.